Community

Local exchange continues to thrive

Every Saturday morning rain or shine, windy or calm, dedicated members of the Mount Alexander Local Exchange Trading System (MaLETS) set up...

Garden glow up

The Castlemaine Community Kitchen Garden is growing and the vision for the future is to make an area where young people feel...

My Sandon with Jill Atkin

I coached tennis both professionally and voluntarily for 45 years. I think I've coached all the kids in Castlemaine and their parents.

My Guildford with Steve Cole

"I got called up to Vietnam when I was 19.... I had hair down to here. I played in a rock band. I loved people and I'm going to kill people. I was devastated."

Maldon community bus goes electric

Maldon Neighbourhood Centre has recently made an exciting new purchase of a brand new electric minivan to help assist community members to...

Help end poverty in Australia

During Anti-Poverty Week (October 15-21) members of Castlemaine Evening VIEW Club are calling on the local community to sponsor an Australian child...

Lancia Rally returns this weekend

The Australian Lancia Register will stage its 27th Castlemaine Rally this weekend October 20-22.The event will see Lancisti descend on the local...

My Muckleford with Steiner School teacher Liz Branson

Liz Branson has always lived in the country - her parents lived a nomadic life where they moved every six years when she was a child.

Healthy lunchbox sushi for school kids

Lunchbox Sushi provide lunch orders for six primary schools, including Castlemaine, Castlemaine North, Chewton, St Mary’s, the Steiner School and Winters Flat.

Youth offer free tech help for seniors

Do you need some friendly help with your phone, tablet or laptop? Well Mount Alexander’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is here to help!

My Castlemaine/Newstead with Valda Rees

"My mother's family immigrated from England to Tasmania in 1832. My great-great grandfather died, leaving my great-great grandmother with six young children and no income."

My Muckleford with Paul Puttifoot

Paul has had many varied and exceptional experiences during his life including working for NASA and taking Dick Cheney fly fishing.

Featured