The Victorian government has announced a seven-day “circuit breaker” lockdown of the entire state from 11.59pm tonight, May 27.
The lockdown comes after another 12 new coronavirus cases were announced overnight bringing the state’s total to 34, including 26 linked to the Melbourne outbreak. Two exposure sites have also been named in Bendigo and Axedale.
Everyone must stay within five kilometres from their principal place of residence other than for the following five reasons:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person in the household per day)
- Care-giving, compassionate or medical reasons
- Authorised work or education
- Exercise (with a maximum of one other person for no more than two hours)
- To receive a COVID-19 vaccination
Private and public gatherings are not permitted. Single bubbles and intimate partner visits will be allowed.
Face masks will be required to be worn inside and outdoors everywhere.
For more information visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au